Wednesday, July 9, 2008

1 Day to Take-off

It is 8:22 am and I have so much to do that I am immobilized. I have completely packed a wardrobe for 7 people for 15 days in China. Today is the day to pack everything else, from duct tape to toothbrushes and medicines for "just in case" situations. I have it all assembled on the dining room table but now the job is to squeeze all of "that" into backpacks and into the suitcases with the clothes. I am a little nervous but doing quite well considering that in one week, we will have a new daughter and sister and that we are going on the National Geographic version of an adoption trip. The children are all excited and we can't wait to see their reactions of being in China for the first time that they can remember. I just can't even imagine what they are going to think! What is really exciting is that my friend, Lorrie from Florida is flying up here today to go with us. She came with me to adopt Zoe, so we have this adoption trip bond thing going. LOL
We so appreciate that she is doing this for us and for the sacrifice her own family will be making for her to come with us. She has 4 at home, all adopted from China as well. So she can fully relate to our craziness.

10 comments:

Sue said...

Safe travels Maggie! We will be following you on your trip. I know everything will go so smoothly.

Sue

Louise said...

WOW, a lot happens when you get out of touch for a while. What about your other friend who accompanied you on an adoption trip to China? I'm jealous!!!!!! Will follow your journey and pray for a wonderful trip.

Louise

Anonymous said...

Is her new name Quinn? I'm trying to keep up!! I'm so glad you started this blog, keep up posted -
Much love, Cindy On angels wings...

Sue said...

Travel safe. Looking forward to meeting you in Nanchang at the Gloria in a couple days...

IT IS HOT HERE!! :-)

Sue

Susan said...

It's the night before take-off and we pray our sweet, dear friends have a safe flight and journey to the birth place of all our little angels. We anticipate with you the coming home of your little blessing and will welcome her with open arms. We love each of you. Susie, John, and Stefi

Molly said...

We are all so excited for all of you! What an adventure for the girls. We want to see every picture and hear every detail when you get back. The kids are looking forward to welcoming Quinn home -- and of course to see all the girls. We wish you a safe and fun journey.
Love, Molly, Eric, Gabriella, Christian and

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you all! Nick and I are praying for safe travels and healthy children. :-)

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me Julie

pat said...

Hey Sis, have a safe and wonderful trip. God Bless you and your wonderful family.

With Love
Pat

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie and David! I was here when you called. The phone said private on both the home and my cell so I didn't pick up. Anyway, I hope things are going great. Things are fine here The dogs miss you guys. lol Anyway have fun! Feel free to email me at audienceofone12@yahoo.com if you'd rather do that instead of call. ttyl

Quinn in the dress we sent her

Quinn in the dress we sent her
Patiently waiting for my family