Thursday, July 17, 2008

We got her....and she's Perfect!




Well, it was the BIG DAY. Our guide, Willy told us that we would be meeting Yang Fu Gui at 10 am at the Provincial Civil Affairs Office. Even with all the anticipation, we were so tired the night before that we slept like rocks. This is usually the night that I cannot sleep. Like the night before Christmas as a child , the night before you get your child is full of dreams, excitement and topped with a little bit of nervous anticipation. The what-if's all surface..... nontheless, you are so excited that you cannot sleep. Thank God, that this night I had no choice, my body gave out and I slept. Willy told us the night before that he thought our daughter was probably already in this capital city of Changsha, staying in a hotel with the director of the orphanage. In the morning we were supposed to leave by 9:30 am but our private bus was 10 minutes late and I was worried that she would get there before we would and would be waiting for us. Being late to get your child is like being late to your own funeral. We got there on time and waited in the receiving room, sitting on beautiful wooden benches, cameras ready, staring at the doorway. And then it happened, just as I imagined it and dreamed that it would....this most beautiful soulful eyed child walked through the door by herself and looked at all of us. This moment in time will be with me forever, as I'm sure it will be in all of ours who were there. Then she gave us the most beautiful little smile ever and walked to us. I picked her up and hugged her and then David and the girls joined in....she was surrounded by us and all the love we have been waiting to give her. She is darling, happy, smart, affectionate, loving, beautiful.....and so much more than words can describe. She is more than anyone could ever hope for in a little child, I can't believe God would love us so much that we would give us the privielege of being her parents ....especially after we had been blessed 4 times before.

When we had gotten there that day we still didn't have a name picked for her. The kids have really been lobbying for Hayley. I had other names in mind and so did David, but they almost convinced us since they were so adament in their request. But this child was clearly not a Hayley. We knew Quinn would be part of her name but first or middle, we were undecided. Lorrie looked at me and said in a whisper, "She is so beautiful....she is not a Hayley." And then Leah popped into my head. It was a name that was on our list but near the bottom, but when I said it outloud, David and all of the girls said "Yes, that's it!" So she is now known as Leah Quinn Weik and everyone of us are totally in love with this little girl. We still can't believe she is ours!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! I almost cried just reading that! I can't wait to see you all and meet little Leah! You all are so blessed! ahhh I'm so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm so sorry it took so long! Give all the girls great big hugs from me, I'M SO EXCITED!! Ahh, I can't find the tracking number right now, but I'll keep looking at let you know as soon as I find it! Here's the number you were looking for, 415-459-2481

I can't wait for you to get home!

darla said...

I am happy to hear that everyone is doing ok.The girls look very happy. The food looks good, bring me back a platter,lol.
lots of love n hugs
Darla

Susan said...

Hi from Jacksonville Beaches. Stefani and I just arrived after almost 900 miles of driving. We got into the hotel which has a little business center and quickly got onto the computer. My heart did flip flops as I watched your video and read your words. Joy cannot be expressed through words how happy I am for you as a family, for us as friends, and for the way God works His miracles. We love you........ Susie and Stefi

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh! the slide show is so beautiful! I can't wait to meet this little girl. I miss you all like crazy :-)

JoAnn said...

Ruddie and I have been checking your blog daily, but just today I realized I could reply, daa! Leah is ablsolutely beautiful can't wait to meet our new niece. You all look so happy and you can just tell she is already a part of the family. I was overwhelmed with emotions when I saw your pictures and read your blog of the big day. I must of looked at the pictures at least 20 times. I had everyone at work in tears, tears of joy.
Have a safe trip home.
Love Jo

JoAnne said...

Maggie, I just realized I could respond to your blog! God bless all your hearts! Leah is beautiful and so are all of you. We can't wait to see you all and meet your new darling daughter! Love to you all, The Polleys

Anonymous said...

Hey Maggie! I hope things are going great in China. Things are good here. I'm going to clean the whole house before you get back so are there specific rags you want me to use for dusting and washing? you can just email me. audienceofone12@yahoo.com

Love you all! Give all !5! girls a hug for me :-)

Bamboo and Zac are ready for you all to come home

Anonymous said...

Hey maggie The dogs got baths today. So I took some pictures and emailed them to your email and david's email. Anyway I thought the girls would get a kick out of them. Ttyl! Hope all is well!!

Quinn in the dress we sent her

Quinn in the dress we sent her
Patiently waiting for my family